The journey not the arrival matters. - T.S Eliot

Written by: Maggie G.

As we approach the summer months, it’s time for vacations! We receive a lot of questions on what is needed when traveling with our little furry friends. So here is some information on domestic and international travel.

As things are constantly changing with airlines and what they require, it is best to check with them first. Every airline requires something a little different. Most times a form, known as a health certificate, needs to be signed by a veterinarian along with an exam within 7-10 days of travel. Some airlines like Delta have a new form that needs to be filled out and signed by a Veterinarian. Please contact your airline and inquire what documents the require when booking your destinations.


If you are traveling out of the country, every country has different guidelines. Please refer to for more information on the country you will be visiting. It is very important that you make sure you have sufficient time to come in for an exam which is required in order for the documents to be signed. You must them send them overnight to the USDA and they will send them back to you. You can also make an appointment at the location in Miami.

Forms will not be signed without an exam.

They can not be dated for a later date.

The form must be completed the day of the exam.

A rabies vaccine is a mandatory requirement. Titers are not recognized in any country.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our office, we will be glad to help and guide you through the process.